Friday, March 5, 2010

Freaky Friday ... and super cute new shoes

This week has me reeling. It went from 59 and sunny to this:


See how dark? And dreary? See all the freaking snow?!? Can you feel the cold creeping right into your monitor?! I was most irritated. I wanted to wear these this morning:
Cute right? They are our newest sandal. (Waltz-149A. $14.99 ... contact your rep to place the order.) Part of me thought, "Eh, wear them anyway." But then the sane part got the better of me and I wore these instead:Also supremely cute (the Simmer-5. $24.99 Black, Brown and PUR-PLE!), but they are not NEW! What is it about new shoes. Anyway, I needed to make a trip to the store and it got me thinking about boots again, sigh. I really didn't want to be. And then I found this:
What? What is she wearing? Yes, her dress/skirt whatever is a little short and has a weird side pocket thing happening, but I was referring to her feet. The purpley things on her shoes.

They are galoshes, my friends. Galoshes. For her pumps! Here's a closer look:
They fit OVER your shoes and protect them from the elements. Crazy weird, but also a little genius, aye?

No comments: